Thursday, October 20, 2005

Sania Mirza eyeing top 15 spot

Having gone beyond her stated goal of breaking into top-50 in world rankings in her debut season, teen tennis sensation Sania Mirza is now eyeing a spot among the top 15.

"Yes, I am trying to break into top-15. I think I can reach the top-10 but in what time span I can't say," said Sania, who was in the Pink City for the shooting of an ad.

The player, who was accompanied by her mother Naseema, was also candid about the grey areas of her game. "Yes, I find some grey areas in my game especially my service and endurance need improvement," she said.

When asked about her preparations for the Australian Open, she said her father had roped in Australian coach Tony Roche to work upon her service and now she was in hunt for a trainer who could help improve her endurance.
"I realise I have to improve upon my fitness to excel at the top level," said Sania while clarifying that her strained back which forced her out of Thailand Open in second round, was not a serious matter.

Sania was later honoured at Jaipur Club.

3 Comments:

Blogger Shy said...

Uh listen ! How do you add those words below the title ?

8:28 AM  
Blogger selena said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:16 PM  
Blogger selena said...

Very interesting post <a href="http://score1.sportsontheweb.net> a </a>

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Google